Saturday afternoon:
Is it me or has the news grinded to a halt? Plenty of rumors out there today though:
1. Martin St. Louis to Calgary for Lydman and Phaneuf
While Phaneuf is quite a prospect and ready to play, I just don't see this happening. The Bolts would have to get quite a package to part with Martin.
2. Bondra
I am still shocked nobody has picked this guy up, as he will score 30 this year for sure. I think Atlanta would be a good fit for him because they could use 1 more scorer so Heatley and Kovalchuk don't have to do everything.
3. Damphousse
I think people are just scared of the age factor here. This guy is still a 2nd or 3rd line center for sure and has 1 or 2 productive seasons in the tank.
4. Francis
Surpised the Pens haven't signed him yet. I think they are waiting to see where Malkin may/may not fit in before they make a move on him or Damphousse.
5. Balastik
Nice to see Jez Golbez excited about Jaroslav getting signed by Columbus. He joins a club that definitely needs the size and skill. We'll see what happens (I still have Lasse Pirijeta in my head.)
6. Passmore
3rd goalie signed by Phoenix this month? Is there enough ice time to go around. I think not.
Till next tomorrow
The Furnace
Is it me or has the news grinded to a halt? Plenty of rumors out there today though:
1. Martin St. Louis to Calgary for Lydman and Phaneuf
While Phaneuf is quite a prospect and ready to play, I just don't see this happening. The Bolts would have to get quite a package to part with Martin.
2. Bondra
I am still shocked nobody has picked this guy up, as he will score 30 this year for sure. I think Atlanta would be a good fit for him because they could use 1 more scorer so Heatley and Kovalchuk don't have to do everything.
3. Damphousse
I think people are just scared of the age factor here. This guy is still a 2nd or 3rd line center for sure and has 1 or 2 productive seasons in the tank.
4. Francis
Surpised the Pens haven't signed him yet. I think they are waiting to see where Malkin may/may not fit in before they make a move on him or Damphousse.
5. Balastik
Nice to see Jez Golbez excited about Jaroslav getting signed by Columbus. He joins a club that definitely needs the size and skill. We'll see what happens (I still have Lasse Pirijeta in my head.)
6. Passmore
3rd goalie signed by Phoenix this month? Is there enough ice time to go around. I think not.
Till next tomorrow
The Furnace

<< Home