Tuesday, September 20, 2005

So, I sat in Nationwide Arena yesterday for the first time in a long time, eager to watch hockey. What I saw was far from the hockey I was used to watching in Nationwide Arena. Could Two years make that big a difference? I couldn't believe I was watching the game I love be played to the rules of the game I love. What a refreshing suprise.
It started just a few minutes into the first period. A play in what Two years ago would have been look over, was called interference. I stood up as the play happened thinking "this is the defining moment of the season". Fraser to his credit got the message out early and often. In fact I proceeded in amazement to watch Fraser school the each and every player who took a penalty in the rules of the game they Play. Obstruction hooking, crosschecking, highsticking will be called each time you do it. Why? Because they are not allowed in the game.. Get it? Sorry I am not sure who I was talking to. But I was really excited for the game. For the first time since the trap defense was used, I can enjoy hockey again. Now will it carry over into the season? I hope for the sake of the sport.
Jane Doe